Tongue Cleaner - Copper
I have always thought brushing my tongue with my toothbrush to be great.... until I started tongue scraping, and now i will never go back..
They are easy to use- just held gently on both ends, glide over the tongue surface a couple of times and get rid of ugly coats- the cause of bad breath.
Why Copper? Because the mouth is loaded with the good, bad and ugly bacteria, Copper not only seems to be toxic to the bad, but beneficial for the ones we want.
It doesnt take long, it doesn't hurt, and you just might be surprised at the improvements
- Tongue scraping - Start at the back of the tongue and gently scrape fowards... rinse and repeat. (if you are new to scraping, start in the middle and work your way back as you get used to it)
- brush/clean your teeth, gentle soft/med bristles (never hard, and don't "scrub" as if you were exfoliating your feet). Gentle back and forth motion on each tooth so the bristles have a chance to get between the teeth. take your time, you only have one set of teeth
- Floss - work the floss gently between teeth and around the curve between gum and teeth.
- Oil pulling can use simple spoon of coconut oil to swish for a few minutes - just remember not to spit oil down your drains
Debris, bacteria, and dead cells can build up on your tongue over time. This can lead to bad breath and impact on your overall oral health.
Using a tongue scraper can help remove this buildup, as well as:
- Improve your sense of taste. Past research suggests that using a tongue scraper twice daily can improve your sense of taste. Your tongue may be able to better distinguish between bitter, sweet, salty, and sour sensations.
- Improve the appearance of your tongue. Buildup of excess debris can cause your tongue to take on a white, coated appearance. Daily scraping helps remove this coating and prevent it from returning.
- Remove bacteria. known to cause bad breath and dental decay
- Improve overall health. Removing bacteria is key to preventing cavities, gum disease, and other conditions affecting the mouth. Tongue scraping can aid to clear these bacteria from the mouth.