Safety Razor - Closed Comb Muhle R89 Traditional, Grande & Twist
TRADITIONAL - Safety razor TWIST from MÜHLE, closed comb, handle material chrome-plated metal
- Safety razor – classic blade
- Handles made of metal with chrome-plated metal highlights
The Material - Chrome
Chrome is corrosion-resistant, very long-lasting and has a luxurious, alluring lustre.
The new MÜHLE safety razor with precision mechanics and highly functional design:
- R89 Twist :The cap of the razor can be released with a simple twist of the small wheel at the end of the handle. The closed comb remains firmly attached to the handle. Used blades can then be removed safely and replaced with new ones. The R89 TWIST will be favoured by all wet shavers who prefer the slightly heavier model and a more gently attuned safety razor. Dimension: 41 mm x 107 mm Weight: 90 g
- R89 Traditional: Unlike modern blade systems, the head of the safety razor does not move. The blades are replaced by unscrewing the cap. Dimension: 41 mm x 94 mm Weight: 70 g
- R89 Grande:Slightly larger than the R89 Traditional Dimension: 41 mm x 107 mm Weight 80g
The Razorhead - Classic blade
For generations, the safety razor has been regarded as a stylish classic which can even shave edges with precision. For many, it is the razor par excellence. Its styling is ideally suited to the design of the MÜHLE products.
Even if the open blade does demand a little respect at first: After a brief familiarisation period, and guided by a steady hand, it produces a very close shave and a lasting result. Unlike modern blade systems, the head of the safety razor does not move. The blades are replaced by unscrewing the cap.
Dimension: 41 mm x 107 mm
Weight: 90 g
Shaving with a safety razor requires a little practice. The skin also needs some time to grow accustomed to the shave. Getting started will be easier if you follow these instructions:
Moisten the beard area, preferably with warm water, and lather it thoroughly with a brush. The longer you lather the beard, the more easily and gently the hairs can be cut. If possible, use a highly effective moisturising shaving cream or soap as this will allow the blade to slide over the skin more easily. Make sure that the shaving head and handle are firmly attached to each other, but only tighten the screw to the extent that it can be unscrewed without too much effort.
This ensures that the blade rests at the correct angle. Now begin with the shave. Hold the safety razor at an obtuse angle (approx. 30°) to the skin. Start with the cheeks and allow the razor to slide over the skin, applying gentle pressure. Always shave in the direction of the beard growth (with the grain). When shaving the neck, stretch the skin tight with your free hand. Do not be discouraged by small cuts or grazes. Once you have familiarised yourself with the razor, they will rarely occur.
Muhle razor blades are the perfect match for these safety razors.